Diablo III: Offical global launch events
Blizzard Entertainment have announced several official launch events to celebrate the release of its highly anticipated action-role-playing game, 'Diablo III', with players around the world.
On the night of 14 May 2012, key retail partners in the US, UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Poland, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, and the region of Taiwan will welcome gamers who want to be among the first to purchase 'Diablo III' and lock horns with the Lord of Terror.
In the UK the official launch event will be hosted by Blizzard and retail partner HMV on Oxford Street in Greater London.
Festivities will start at 22:00 on the 14 May. Gamers in attendance will enjoy an epic evening of entertainment before 'Diablo III' goes on sale at 23:00 , including a variety of giveaways and multiple contests with exclusive prizes from our partners. In addition, members of the 'Diablo III' development team will be on site at each of the official events to meet with players and sign their copies of the game.
Attendees at the official 'Diablo III' launch events will have the opportunity to purchase† the standard edition of the game as well as the Collector's Edition, which contains the following bonus items in addition to the game disc:
* Exclusive aesthetic artifacts for 'Diablo III', as well as an exclusive 'World of Warcraft' in-game fetish shaman pet and exclusive 'StarCraft II' Battle.net portraits and army decal,
* A behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set with over an hour of interviews detailing how the world of Sanctuary came together,
* The Art of 'Diablo III', a 208-page art book that catalogues numerous pieces of 'Diablo III' art, from early concepts to final 3D renderings,
* The official 'Diablo III' soundtrack CD, containing 24 original pieces from the game,
* A 4GB USB soulstone, pre-loaded with full versions of 'Diablo II' and 'Diablo II: Lord of Destruction', and corresponding 'Diablo' skull base.
In 'Diablo III', players assume the role of one of five heroic characters - barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk or demon hunter - and engage in pulse-pounding combat with endless legions of evil.
As they undertake an epic quest to rid Sanctuary from the corrupting forces of the Burning Hells, players will explore diverse and perilous settings, grow in experience and ability, acquire artifacts of incredible power and meet key characters who'll join them in battle or aid them in other ways.
'Diablo III' was built from the ground up to leverage the full functionality of Blizzard's Battle.net platform, which delivers powerful matchmaking and communication tools, allowing players to seamlessly join forces for exciting co-operative play.
Date Posted : 26 Apr 2012